Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Take Delight

Psalm 37:4

"Delight yourself in the Lord;
and He will give you the desires of your heart."

I received a note today from a friend
that reminded me how good it is
to take delight in the little things.

I think that when we take delight in the little things
we are really delighting ourselves in the Lord.

And, somehow, it is when we take delight,
in the little things and in the Lord,
that we receive the gifts our hearts desire.

God gives the gifts all along.
He gives the little things and the huge things.
But it is up to us to take delight,
to realize,
to thank Him,
and to receive our hearts' desires.

God knew I needed to be reminded today
how good it is to take delight in the little things.

I'm grateful for this friend that reminded me.

Gifts from God:
1.  pretty purple peacock card with a message written in purple ink
2.  entertaining mother-daughter angels, Ann and Tracy, who lift our spirits
3.  providing refreshment during the lunch hour
4.  Margaret thinking I'm funny
5.  remembering how Mama made me laugh
6.  Sarah and Joe, a magnificent marriage
7.  beautiful Beth's birthday
8.  chills, when touched by the Spirit
9.  thinking of my brother playing and singing a song for my mother
10.  big trucks that take our trash away every Wednesday and the fellows that drive them

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment