Friday, January 03, 2014

Beloved Book

Somehow,
I came across this book
and ordered it
after I knew
the word God had given me
for 2014.

I've been reading it
as we enter this new year
and Nouwen's words
are bearing witness
with something deep within me.

". . . I have been wondering
it there might be one word
I would most want you to remember
when you finished reading
all I wish to say.
Over the past year,
that special word
has gradually emerged
from the depths of my own heart.
It is the word
"Beloved,"
and I am convinced
it has been given to me
for the sake of you
and your friends."

I John 5:7 says:
"Beloved,
let us love one another,
for love is from God;
and everyone who loves
is born of God
and knows God."

I pray we each know
in this year 2014
deep in our being
that we are God's Beloved.

Thank You, God, that I know I am beloved by:
*Bertha keeping going after 350,000 miles
*sunshine, cold sunshine, but sunshine
*tomato pie
*crab cakes
*John Victor staying home one more night
*getting to watch the final episode of season 3 again
*finding a way to develop old film
*Margaret walking Berklee (or Berklee walking Margaret?)
*tennis in the rain
*Victor finding sweet "Grace" and bringing it home

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment