Monday, January 06, 2014

Beloved Gifts

Today is the traditional date for
Epiphany.

Today we remember those kings
who traversed afar
bearing gifts.

Gifts for the Christ Child.
Treasures opened and presented.

Gifts of
gold (costly, valuable),
frankincense (worshipful, creative, sweet),
myrrh (painful, sacrifice).

O God,
please help me
to be brave
like those kings
and to be loved
like those kings
and to open myself
and bow beloved before You
and present my gifts,
myself,
as a
costly
valuable
worshipful
creative
sweet
painful
sacrifice.

Thank You, God, that I know I am beloved by:
*the accepting voice of a friend
*settling in for a new season
*FUEL refigured
*a big bag of almonds
*Ben's forecast of a chance of snow
*the first full week of January
*Joseph eagerly offering to drive Mema
*sparkly snowflakes
*news of a book soon to be delivered
*comfort food: meatloaf and mashed potatoes

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment