Monday, May 30, 2011

100 Days

  After several failed starts, some better than others, I am beginning again.

Today is Day One of my 100 Days of Writing.

I am using Ann Voskamp's "100 Days Calendar" to record my progress.

Each day I will:
*record 10 gifts from God, give thanks to God, and include them here in a post
*express appreciation to someone in a note
*work for at least one hour on my book

I realize this will not be easy.

I know I will not be able to do this on my own.

I thank you, Lord, that You have promised me that
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Quotes from the "100 Days Calendar":
"You will find joy in overcoming obstacles." - Helen Keller
"A habit is overcome by habit." - Erasmus

So, here goes!

Day 1 - gifts from God:
1.  waking up feeling better
2.  having our own business
3.  our answering machine
4.  early morning on the porch
5.  the way Little Darlin' really seems to understand me sometimes
6.  Sarah and Ross seeing Brown
7.  new challenges
8.  going to my nephew Clay's graduation
9.  John Victor and Ben driving to Tybee in the red car
10.  the promise of summertime

Day 1 note of thanks to Catalina for Spanish soup and recipe.
Book: binder ready and begin January

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment