Monday, May 23, 2011

Simple Joys

"The Lord takes delight in his people." (Psalm 149:4)

From the Upper Room devotion by Cynthia Clarke:
"Often, I feel God draw near,
not because God is particularly interested in what I am doing
but because God is interested in me and what I love.
The Creator of the universe chooses to share my simple joys
because this amazing God delights in me."

"Dear God, help us to grasp the depth of your love for us.
Let us sense the times that you draw near,
and lead us to bring you delight.  Amen."

Day 7 - gifts from God:
1.  faithfulness of fellow who cleans the bank parking lot every Monday morning
2.  seeds and nuts and raisins
3.  progress on passport
4.  sending an email
5.  Margaret washing the girls
6.  Margaret dusting and rearranging the jewelry
7.  Margaret cleaning her room so nicely
8.  praying to find passport letter and finding it right away
9.  privilege of praying for a dear mom
10.  friendly check-out lady

Day 7 note of thanks to Dad.

Lord, please help me to wake to write in the morning.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment