Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Brand New Day One

My first Day One was February 27th.

It was Day One of 100 days.

100 days of giving thanks to God for good gifts and recording 10 good gifts each day.
100 days of writing at least one note of thanks to express gratitude to another person.
100 days of writing here and thus, I hoped, to "continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God,
that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name" and to "not neglect doing good and sharing,
for sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."

I made it to Day 65.  That was May 2nd.  On May 3rd, we got home late from an out-of-town soccer match and I completely forgot to write.  I didn't realize I had forgotten until sometime the next day.

Today is May 17th.  Two weeks have passed.  I am ready to begin again.

I was just going to pick up with Day 66, but my Margaret told me I needed to start over at Day One.
She's the only person who told me they noticed that I had stopped writing, so I will start over.
She's right.  I do need to start over.

I'm glad this is my brand new Day One.  I'm looking forward to these 100 Days.

I have missed giving thanks.  I have missed recording gifts.
I have missed writing notes and expressing gratitude.
And, I have missed writing here and offering up a sacrifice of praise.

So, thank you Lord for my brand new Day One.

Day One - gifts from God:
1.  this place to write
2.  our God of brand new days
3.  celebrating 3 birthdays in the dining room at the same time
4.  praying for healing
5.  caring friends
6.  important breakthroughs coming soon
7.  delicate white flowers in tiny vases on the tables
8.  finding the right spot for Miss Bobbie's piano
9.  compliments on my pretty pink ruffled apron with the embroidered angel
10.  thoughtful, caring Wendy who gave it to me

Day One note to friend in gift of 1000 Gifts.

I'm sitting here smiling.
This writing is such a pleasure.
Somehow the days are richer, maybe count more, even slow down a bit when I thank God, record the gifts, express gratitude, and write.
Thank you, Lord.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment