Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hope In God!

Today I am feeling hopeful.

Before me, in my secretary cubbyhole, are two signs of hope from years past.
One is in a little silver frame and it says "Sally, hope in God!"
It served as my place card nearly four years ago at a luncheon I helped to give
that was in itself an act of hope.
The other is the word hope engraved in gold letters on a smooth stone
that Victor gave me when we needed to hold on to hope.

The verse from the Upper Room this morning was Romans 5:5.
"Hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out His love into our hearts
by the Holy Spirit,
whom He has given us."

Thank you, Lord, for this wondrous, healing hope.

Day 5 - gifts from God:
1.  having a party
2.  cleaning and organizing
3.  Victor shining the floors
4.  beautiful blue hydrangeas against green walls
5.  outdoor seating areas
6.  making an exception to enjoy a friend's delicious cooking
7.  a sweet, beautiful graduate
8.  Nanny Q's embroidered tablecloth
9.  a couple coming to honor their graduate the day after surgery
10.  good old friends

Day 5 note of thanks to generous supporter.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment