Saturday, December 10, 2011

ADVENTure

I've been rereading a wonderful Christmas book called "The Adventure of Christmas:  Helping Children Find Jesus in our  Holiday Traditions" by Lisa Whelchel that reveals the meaning behind so much that we do during the Christmas season.

The title has captured my imagination.  This year I feel like I am really on an adventure in these days leading up to the celebration of Christ's birth.  God has all sorts of exciting, miraculous, touching surprises just waiting for us to discover and notice during each ordinary day of this extraordinary season.
He's planned for us a true adventure.
Am I ready for the challenge of an adventure?
Will I follow the star?
Will I hear the angels proclaiming the good news?
Is my heart soft enough to feel the touch of His love?

"Adventure" means to engage in daring undertakings or to take a risk.
Will this Advent season be an adventure for me?

How about for you?

Thank You, Lord, for:
*Christmas books
*heirlooms
*my precious family
*my precious Savior
*Mema's Christmas party for her dear line dancing sisters, the "Pacemakers"
*generous Joyce
*pretty Miss Mary
*hearing about Ann's exciting adventures at Rachel's House
*our Christmas Tour of Homes date and the dear ones who shared their homes
*having Margaret's french fries and Ben's burgers for supper--yum!

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment