Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pray Before You Pout

I was disappointed in someone's reaction.
I thought perhaps I had offended.
I wondered what was wrong.
But it was late
and we were tired,
so I decided to pray
and wait until the morning
and just go on to sleep.

When morning came,
bright and beautiful,
sun shining in,
it turned out that everything was
just fine.
Really good, in fact.

It's so true:
"But everyone must be quick to hear,
slow to speak and slow to anger;
for the anger of man does not achieve
the righteousness of God."
                         (James 1:19)
There you have it.

Thank You, Lord, for:
*closing my mouth
*being always there to hear my prayer
*generous friends treating Ben to an elegant Elements dinner
*sweet friends inviting Margaret over
*JV going bowling and coming home on time
*the children's Christmas musical practice
*walking a block to the Christmas parade
*candles reflecting in the mirrors on the mantles
*teenagers playing sardines and hide-and-go-seek
*coming home to a pot of chili

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment