Thursday, December 01, 2011

Joyously Giving Thanks

As I joyously give thanks for those I love,
this is my prayer for each one:

". . .  that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will
in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord,
to please Him in all respects,
bearing fruit in every good work
and increasing in the knowledge of God;
strengthened with all power,
according to His glorious might,
for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience;
joyously giving thanks to the Father . . ."
                                     Colossians 1:9-12

This is also my prayer for myself, dear Lord.

Joyously giving thanks for:
*finding a book on our shelves that thoughtfully makes the case for the Creator
*rental cars
*my beautiful old "burb" (Suburban)
*pizza night
*Jane looking for the man in need in Walmart
*God's amazing provision
*Sarah's application on the way
*sweet Andrew checking in
*Joseph's clearness and coming home for Thanksgiving
*listening to Daddy's message again and that he enjoyed the Bonhoeffer book

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment