Tuesday, July 12, 2011

That I May Know Him

Today we get back to work after being at the beach on vacation for a whole week.

The devotion from "My Utmost For His Highest" for today
directs me to the real reason for my work:

"That I may know Him." Philippians 3:10

"The Holy Spirit is determined
that we shall realize Jesus Christ in every domain of life,
and He will bring us back to the same point again and again
until we do.
Self-realization leads to the enthronement of work;
whereas the saint enthrones Jesus Christ in his work.
Whether it be eating or drinking or washing disciples' feet,
whatever it is,
we have to take the initiative of realizing Jesus Christ in it."

O Lord, I want to know You in my work today.

Day 30 - gifts from God:
1.  more than enough food to eat
2.  a beautiful home to live in
3.  rain turning everything green
4.  chilled watermelon soup
6.  Ben helping me shop
7.  two "least of these" ladies
8.  the way You speak to me
9.  the school supply aisle
10.  fresh mint growing by our front porch

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment