Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The Vision and the Valley

From "My Utmost for His Highest"

Isaiah 35:7

"And the parched ground shall become a pool."

"We always have visions, before a thing is made real.
When we realize that although the vision is real, it is not real in us,
then is the time that Satan comes in with His temptations,
and we are apt to say it is no use to go on.
Instead of the vision becoming real,
there has come the valley of humiliation.
God gives us the vision,
then He takes us down to the valley to batter us into the shape of the vision,
and it is in the valley that so many of us faint and give way.
Every vision will be made real if we will have patience."

Lord, I feel like I've been in the valley for a long time now.
I still have the vision.
Please help me to have the patience.

I believe You are making the vision real.
Thank you.

Day 25 - gifts from God:
1. A little while at the Tybee Island Public Library
2. Eating with Joe and Margaret and Ben at The Breakfast Club
3. The round, pink sun finally shining through the haze
4. My early morning walk on a quiet beach
5. Margaret's long, brown braids that remind me of Mama as a girl
6. Ben's enthusiasm for soccer
7. Seeing John Victor after ten days
8. Hearing his stories about the medical forum
9. Victor coming to Tybee
10. Watching Dad encourage my children

These are days of renewed vision
and I am deeply thankful.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment