Friday, September 23, 2011

Sitting with the Lord

My last post, "Lessons", was written on Thursday, but I didn't have computer access then
and we got home after midnight, so I posted it today.

I hope that still counts for consecutive days.

Now, here is today's post:

Yesterday I had a lot of time to think and to pray.
Time to think and to pray is a tremendous gift to me.
Sitting in that porch swing
out in front of the building that houses the education department
I felt like I was sitting in that swing with the Lord.
And He was quietly speaking those wonderful words:
"Be still and know.  Know that I am God, and I am here, and I love you."

You can sit with Him too.  And our dear Lord will tell you too.
I love you.
Perhaps you'll be able to find some time to think and to pray and to know.
Real soon.

Day Seven - Gifts from God:
1. a bright yellow sunflower on the utility pole
2.  our state capitol's stunning gold dome
3.  my faithful denim jacket
4.  a lady's ruby slipper shoes shining in the midst of conservative black
5.  the immense relief of a job well done
6.  Victor realizing he really wouldn't have changed a thing
7.  laughter to lighten an afternoon on the eighteenth floor
8.  supper with beautiful Sarah and lovable Ross at our favorite, "The Last Resort"
9.  climbing the stairs to Sarah's apartment and realizing how hard Ben and Margaret and Victor had worked to move her in
10.  crazy kitty

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment