Thursday, September 01, 2011

Very Dear

I Thessalonians 2:8

"Having so fond an affection for you,
we were well-pleased to impart to you
not only the gospel
but also our lives,
because you had become very dear to us."

As I write here,
I hope to impart to you
the gospel - God's good news -
and my life - graced by God -
because you have become very dear to me
and God has given me so fond an affection for you.

God loves you dearly.
Remember that.
Realize that.

Gifts from God:
21.  September
22.  sauteed mushrooms and sweet onions
23.  giving bits of bacon to my girls (Little Darlin' and Sweetie Pie)
24.  a sweet boy, now a fine young man
25.  Victor's retirement check; so many years of meaningful work
26.  grace filled work for us (God's idea)
27.  angels and flowers for every table
28.  a daughter treating her mother to lunch and encouraging us so
29.  the release of Emily's book, Grace for the Good Girl
30.  finding a sweet note from JV on my secretary this morning

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment