Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lord Prepare Me

On this first Sunday in Advent I know I am not ready.

I am not ready for Christ to come.

I am not prepared.

Oh, how I want to be ready.

I want to welcome You with open arms into my life.

A song from long ago comes to mind:

"Lord, prepare me
to be a sanctuary,
pure and holy,
tried and true.
With thanksgiving,
I'll be a living
sanctuary
for You."

Here is the prayer from The Upper Room Advent Worship Litany for today:

"God of mercy, receive our burdens.
We release these to create space in our hearts for You.
Thank You that You desire to make us Your sanctuary. Amen."

Lord, thank You for Advent, for time to prepare for Your coming.
Please help me to be ready.

Thank You, Lord, for:
*Paul lifting the children to place the Chrismons on the tree
*listening on the radio to our worship service
*Benjamin wanting to go to the Bethany Home to sing
*walking to church
*seeing the sliver of a moon peeping out between the clouds on the walk home
*hospice care
*Maddux folding his hands when his Daddy said "Let us pray."
*Looking up to the words on the screen to sing
*sitting with friends in church
*lighting the first advent candle

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment