Monday, November 28, 2011

Slow, Steady Rain

During this Advent season my prayer is for a

slow,

steady

rain

of the Spirit

into

my heart,

my home,

my life.

Lord, thank You for slowing me
and stilling me
in the midst of the preparations.
Please, rain on me slow and steady
until I'm ready.

Thank You, Lord, for:
*walking to the bank drive-thru with the girls
*sweet Dawn at the window
*seeing Mrs. Rachel in her pretty pink pajamas and wishing her a "Happy Birthday"
*appreciation of my household helpers (the dishwasher and the dryer) because we haven't always had them
*how handsome Victor looks in his suits
*having my coat cleaned
*Proverbs 31 magazine arriving in the mail with messages I needed today
*singing Mama's "Hymn of Promise" during the Chrismon service and letting the tears flow
*Little Darlin' lapping up the cat's milk (who knew?)
*time to prepare our home and my heart for the birthday of the King

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment