Saturday, June 25, 2011

Find Yourself

Galatians 2:20

"I have been crucified with Christ;
and it is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me
and gave Himself up for me."

From "My Utmost":
"The way to find yourself
is in the fires of sorrow.
why it should be so is another matter,
but that it is so is true in the Scriptures and in human experience.
. . . If you receive yourself in the fires of sorrow,
God will make you nourishment for other people."

God, please help me not to waste the sorrow and suffering
- even the sin -
in my life.
Help me to us them to give life to others
in your name.

Day 14 - gifts from God:
1.  Margaret peeling and chopping 20 pounds of potatoes
2.  Ben and JV battling with the lawn mower
3.  the cookie tree
4.  the fruit peacock
5.  staying sort of on schedule
6.  that we planned ahead to close the restaurant this week
7.  a kitchen stool to sit on
8.  shadows dancing from breeze stirring leaves
9.  yellow tulle
10.  "24 hours to go"

I trust You, Lord, for today.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment