Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Worried and Bothered

A timely reminder from the Lord:

"Martha welcomed Him into her home. . .
but she was distracted with all her preparations. . .
The Lord said to her,
'Martha, Martha,
you are worried and bothered
about so many things;
but only one thing is necessary,
for Mary has chosen the good part
(Mary was seated at the Lord's feet, listening to His word),
which shall not be taken away from her."
                                                                   - from Luke 10:38-42

Have I welcomed the Lord into my home?

Am I distracted with all my preparations?

Am I worried and bothered about
so
many
things?

Only one thing is necessary.

Be still and know.

Seek first His kingdom.

Choose the good part.

Day 4 - gifts from God:
1.  "new" dishwasher installed and washing
2.  the downstairs AC unit works
3.  Margaret's patient and encouraging ways
4.  Benjamin taking care of Timothy at VBS
5.  Brenda coming to kitchen to say thank you
6.  the thrill of sparklers
7.  working with Victor
8.  Mary Nelle coming back
9.  ladies meeting in parlor after lunch
10.  the moon shining through the clouds

Lord, thank you for speaking to me.
Thank you for Your Word.
Thank you for helping me to listen.
I love You.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment