Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Strength

Well, I believe I've written 83 posts since I began this blog a few months ago.

I set out to complete 100 consecutive posts and this is the third time I've had to start over at day one.

I thought I had only disappointed myself and Margaret, but last week I learned that at least two other people read this blog and say it has encouraged them.  Perhaps I have disappointed them too.

So, though I have recorded 850 gifts from God, today I am beginning again with day one.

That's just all the more gifts from God to record and that's good.

Please pray for me to rely on the untiring strength of God every day.

I heard this verse today on the radio driving home from Tybee.
It reminded me of my dad
and his time of healing.
I believe it will also help me to make a new start with God's help.

"Do you not know?  Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God,
The Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might
He increases power.
Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
they will walk and not become weary."

Isaiah 40:28-31

Day 1 - gifts from God:
1.  coming home to Victor and the children
2.  spending time with Dad just knowing how close we came to losing him
3.  a long Tybee walk and talk with Temp
4.  hearing that sweet Carson Cato is encouraged by what he reads here
5.  Tracy's wonderful mom, Ann, asking me to keep sharing
6.  The Image of the Maker Retreat (countless gifts from this to record in the days to come
7.  spotless kitchens, courtesy of Vic (Mr. Clean himself)
8.  shiny floors
9.  the smell and the feel and the taste of fresh peaches
10.  caring friends calling and praying

Thank you, dear Lord, for breathing life into my soul again and again,
refreshing,
renewing,
restoring.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment