Monday, June 13, 2011

God Is Calling

Today, God is calling.

If we will be still and listen, we will hear Him calling.

Through "The Upper Room" as I sit early on the porch:
"God calls us to always be ready for Christ's coming.
God calls us to pray without ceasing
and to act and live each day as if it were our last..
We cannot answer that call casually or haphazardly.
A life of true faith requires committed, intentional walking with Jesus Christ
and following in His footsteps.
Ask:  'What am I doing today for God, for the church, for other people?'"

Then, as the birds sing and the breeze stirs gently, from "My Utmost for His Highest"
God continues to call:
"If you will give God your right to yourself,
He will make a holy experiment out of you.
God's experiments always succeed. . .
The saint realizes that it is God Who engineers circumstances,
consequently there is no whine,
but a reckless abandon to Jesus.
Never make a principle out of your experience;
let God be as original with other people as he is with you.
If you abandon to Jesus, and come when He says "Come,"
He will continue to say "Come" through you,
you will go out into life reproducing the echo of Christ's "Come."
That is the result in every soul who has abandoned
and come to Jesus.
(Ask):  Have I come to Jesus?
             Will I come NOW?"
Mark 1:17  "Come ye after Me."

Christ is calling.

Am I listening today?

Will I hear His voice?

Will I follow Him?

Thank you, Lord, for calling us.
Please help us to listen, to hear, to follow.

Day 2 - gifts from God:
1.  Alicia Argentina Gomez Castaneda - 8 years old today!
2.  God calling, speaking to me, again every morning
3.  Benjamin asking me to pray with him even as he grows taller than I am
4.  Francie coming over to spend time with Margaret; their friendship
5.  Little Darling on my lap again
6.  hanging my "beauty from brokenness" cross and my "you are gifted" sign
     in my little alcove
7.  Monday morning at home
8.  JV sharing with me about passion
9.  Margaret sharing about compassion
10.  Victor's vision and what he sees in me

Giving God, I am thankful beyond measure.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment