Monday, February 11, 2013

Wonder of Blessing

From Dennis Lennon, "Fueling the Fire: Fresh Thinking on Prayer",
as quoted in 1000 Gifts Devotional:

"Blessings keep our awareness
of life's holy potential
ever present.
They awaken us to our lives. . .
With each blessing uttered
we extend the boundaries
of the sacred
and ritualize
our love of life.
One hundred times a day,
everywhere we turn,
everything we touch,
everyone we see.
The blessings can be whispered.
No one even need hear.
No one but the Holy One.
"Holy One of blessing,
Your presence fills the Universe,
Your presence fills me."


As I sat on the bench today
and felt the warmth of Your love on my face
and prayed a "lexio of my life",
I was blessed with wonder.

Thank You, God, for these wonders of Your love:
625. pale blue matelasse spread
626. a hot shower behind a white curtain
627. Jesus knocking on the door
628. a wooden crucifix on the wall
629. the monastery church in the early morning light
630. the monk reading from Hebrews 13
631. "come away and I will teach you"
632. going forward with others for communion
633. breakfast in silence
634. North Umbria morning prayers
635. having a place at the table
636. sitting on a bench on the Pentons' porch
637. Dave making me a very good cup of coffee
638. feeling the sun's warmth on my face
639. a visit from a squirrel carrying a nut
640. feasting at lunch time in many ways

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment