Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fear or Focus?

Last night in my post I asked God to help me focus.

This morning the last sentence of The Upper Room devotion was:

"But as I depend more on God,
I can worry less
and remain focused on what's really important:
God's kingdom around me."

And the prayer was:

"Dear God of assurance,
train our spiritual eyes to focus on you and our mission in life,
for the growth of your kingdom."

And the prayer focus was:

"Those worrying about their livelihood."

Please Lord, help me to focus on You rather than on my fears.
Just knowing You care so much that you responded right away to my prayer request
makes me realize once again how faithful You are
and how you treat me with such lovingkindness.

Thank you, Lord!

Day 26 - gifts from God:
1.  praying with Victor in the gym
2.  God speaking straight to my concerns this morning in my devotions
3.  Miss Dottie coming to lunch
4.  our dear bank ladies
5.  celebrating Sister Janet's birthday
6.  Victor rounding up a nun statue
7.  sweet Diane sharing photos of daughter's 7 children (the 8th is due in May) and son's child
8.  the plant lady reminding Victor that he had a credit there
9.  the beautiful plants and ferns he brought home
10.  walking "the girls" (Little Darlin' and Sweetie Pie)

Day 26 note of thanks to gifted Bible study leader and friend.

I feel so much better now.  Eucharisteo!  Grace.  Thanksgiving.  Joy.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment