Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Personal Encouragement

God has wonderful way of personally encouraging His children.  This morning (on just day 4 of my 100 days!) He gave me this verse in my Bible study:

"Now go, write it on a tablet before them
 and inscribe it on a scroll,
 that it may serve in the time to come
as a witness forever."
                                   -Isaiah 30:8

My tablet is the pretty spiral notebook with just the right number of pages to record God's gifts for 100 days that I bought last week and now keep close.

My scroll is this wonderful laptop that my wonderful college senior daughter outgrew and handed down to her mom.

My prayer is that my words "may serve in the time to come as a witness forever" to God's deep tender loving care for us all.

Day 4 - Gifts from God
1.  a confirmation of this recording of God's gifts in my Bible study this morning (Isaiah 30:8)
2.  brilliant flash of a bluebird
3.  God's bounty:  bell peppers - orange and yellow and red and green
4.  having potato soup to send to sooth someone in her sickness
5.  sound of children swinging on playground
6.  a coach who loves soccer, loves his players, and loves the Lord
7.  spring green
8.  buds on dogwood trees
9.  seeing the beauty of our old house through the eyes of guests
10.  knowing right priorities

Day 4 note of thanks to one I don't thank often enough.

Giving thanks is life giving.  I feel like I'm coming alive.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment