Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Love Thee

Today is day 17 and my heart is overflowing with gratitude for the everlasting, everyday, lovingkindness of my dear Lord.

"Oh my God,
for providing senses to enjoy delights, 
for thy royal bounty providing my daily support,
for a full table and overflowing cup,
for appetite, taste, sweetness, 
for social joys of relatives and friends
for opportunities of spreading happiness around, 
for loved ones in the joys of heaven,
I love thee above the powers of language to express, 
For what thou art to thy creatures.  Amen."  
(17th-century Puritan meditation)
found in "Come to the Table:  Food, Fellowship and a Celebration of God's Bounty"
by Benita Long

Day 17 - gifts from God:
1.  to hear Victor play and sing for God alone
2.  soft pastel clouds floating at dusk
3.  the cross on the steeple across the street
4.  our front porch swing and rocking chairs
5.  deer tracks in the backyard
6.  wavy old window panes
7.  talking with Dad on the phone - hearing his voice
8.  a grandmother out for her birthday lunch with her darling 6 year old granddaughter & friend
9.  3 generations out for lunch together
10.  our dear librarian who encourages reading and simply encourages

Day 17 note of encouragement to fine friends going through tough trials.

My goodness, I am rich in love and life.

With gratitude,
Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment