Monday, March 21, 2011

Grateful Lover of God

I found the sin of ungratefulness in a Bible study passage today smack dab in the middle of a list of terrible characteristics that will accompany the end days.

2 Timothy 3:1-4 says:  "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.  For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God."

See, "ungrateful" is right is the middle of all those sinful, horrible characteristics.

I am becoming more and more thankful that God is waking me up to the importance of gratitude.

With all my heart, I want to be a lover of God, not of self, and gratitude is vital to loving God.

Day 23 - gifts from God:
1.  God getting me to go to Bible study anyway
2.  Bible teaching via DVD
3.  dear friend calling to get together - so good to hear her voice
4.  sharing thanks with friends
5.  the beauty of springtime
6.  Fran's dedication to church kitchen renovation
7.  Gala apples
8.  my pretty blue bowl
9.  using Grandmom's tablecloth for Bible study books
10.  openness and courage of "Made to Crave" ladies

Day 23 note of thanks to dedicated friend.

Forgive me, Lord, for being ungrateful.  I want to love You more.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment