Tuesday, March 01, 2011

God-A Menu Planner?

Yesterday, the first gift I listed on my gratitude list was "God's help with the March menu."  Now it might seem silly or incredible that God would help me plan a menu, but He did, and it's a good one.

 I am learning that somehow our great and infinite God loves me so much that He involves Himself in the small and finite processes of my restaurant kitchen.  He leads me to reliable, tasty recipes, incorporates holidays and the changing seasons, and goes so far as to balance dishes that can be cooked the night before with those that work well in the morning prep time.

Our menu for Entertaining Angels is small because, well, it's just Victor and me most of the time.  We change it every month because that keeps it fresh and fun.  In the past, the first day of the new month's menu has, at times, been challenging, stressful, and even the cause of a major kitchen meltdown.

 But today, serving the new menu was a pleasure because I asked God to help me plan it.  And He did.

Day 3 - Gifts from God:
1.  two hawks soaring high above our backyard
2.  Ben scoring 3 goals (a "hat trick")
3.  new friends following God's call to come to the restaurant with a word from the Lord
4.  Irish lace cookies
5.  sun setting over soccer field
6.  sound of rain on copper porch roof
7.  making Mama's recipes
8.  our pastor and youth director coming to watch the kids play soccer
9.  a judge who serves as her church's hostess
10. a husband who prays with me

Day 3 - a card to encourage those who have encouraged us so

I keep getting this overflowing with God's love feeling.  Am I more open to the pouring in?

Our March Verse:  Psalm 136:1
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, For His lovingkindness is everlasting."

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment