Thursday, March 10, 2011

Journey to the Cross

Today our beautiful simple wooden Lenten wreath arrived at the front door.  I polished the round table in the parlor and set it up there. I placed a red candle in the second hole because today is the second day of Lent.  I chose red because of the blood He shed.  The light of the candle lit the solitary figure of Jesus carrying the cross.

At the end of the restaurant day I went to blow out the candle.  The red wax had dripped down onto Jesus and the cross.  Like blood.  Sorrow and love flow mingled down.

The journey to the cross is a mingling of sorrow and love.

Jesus chose to make that journey for me, for us.

His blood dripped down for me.

How can I make this journey to the cross for Him?



Day 12 - gifts from God:
1.  we made it through the "top chefs" tasting
2.  a reassuring hug from a friend who understands
3.  realizing - no more all black
4.  the light in Laura's eyes as she talks about You.
5.  a funny first trophy
6.  sitting down at my secretary at end of day
7.  our beautiful wooden Lenten wreath
8.  faithful, wise friend, Mary
9.  my magnificent orchid
10.  serving children cookies

Day 12 note of thanks to friends who understand.

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment