Friday, March 04, 2011

Wake Up!

Yesterday I entitled my post "Pay Attention!"  Then, this morning's Bible study asked me to read Isaiah 51:1-16 and note each time God appears to be trying to get His reader's full attention.  God is definitely trying to get my attention.

The passage from Isaiah begins with "Listen to Me" and continues with Look, Look, Pay attention to Me, Give ear to Me, Lift up your eyes, Listen to Me, Awake, Awake, Awake. . .

. . . For I am the Lord your God.  You are My people.

Lord, thank you for reminding me who You are and whose I am.  Thank you for breaking through my busyness and business to help me be.  "Be still and know that I am God" is waking up to real life, abundant life, life worth living, the life You came to give Me.

The life You died to give me.

Please, Lord, forgive me for not paying attention.

Day 6 - gifts from God:
1.  A Friday evening with Saturday off
2.  the soccer team clapping for their fans
3.  our new pastor and his family
4.  Easter cookie cutters (a tulip and an egg) from a thoughtful friend
5.  God speaking to me so clearly through Bible study
6.  blankets in the burb for a cold March wind
7.  Margaret and Ben going on the confirmation retreat to Epworth-by-the-Sea
8.  a notecard with "Each one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve others." (I Peter 4:10)
9.  a one year old's rosy, pudgy cheeks
10.  JV's goal and assist

Day 6 note of thanks for inspiring examples.

Thank you, Lord, for getting my attention.

With gratitude,
Sally


.

No comments:

Post a Comment