Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013: A Year of Wonder

"Behold,
I will do something new,
Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?"
(Isaiah 43:19a)

In this new year, 2013,
may we be aware of the "something new" God is doing
and wonder at God's lovingkindness
for each of us!

Here, this year, my prayer is to proclaim God's praise
by naming, counting, listing,
the "wonders of His love" that abound everyday
and to thank God for each one.

With God's gracious help,
"I will give thanks to the Lord
with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonders.
I will be glad and exult in You;
I will sing praise to Your name,
O Most High."
(Psalm 9:1-2)

And so, Happy New Year!
May 2013 indeed be a year of wonder!

Thank you, God, for these wonders of your love:
1. sweet Margaret and "give me a hug"
2. Vic buying the beautiful Lennox redbird
3. bare, gray crape myrtle branches filled with flitting redbirds
4. an auction adventure with Vic
5. the concession lady serving the best black-eyed peas, collard greens and cornbread
6. taking care of Milly and Copeland
7. Victor watching one of my favorite movies with me on New Year's Eve
8. driving into the wonder of a winter sunset for over an hour on Sunday evening
9. a full, glowing moon coming up huge over Lyons
10. early morning coffee on the porch in the cold on New Year's Day
11. my amazing new Christmas coffee maker given by my amazing Sarah
12. leaving two nativities out to enjoy until Epiphany
13. candlelight, candlelight, candlelight
14. time to talk while we drive
15. holding hands
16. this place to record and remember

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment