Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wide-Eyed Wonder

A question from 1000 Gifts Devotional:
"Without expectations,
what can topple the surprising wonder of the moment?"

When I don't expect,
when I relinquish control,
then I am surprised by wonders!
When I let you lead the way,
I discover a trail of treasures!



O God, help me to see with the eyes of a child.
Help me to let go of expectations
and have the wide-eyed wonder of anticipation.

Thank You, God, for these wonders of your love:
449. remembering looking up
450. "gladiola! look up!", a silly sisters' saying
451. blue sky through green leaves
452. a full round moon through bare-branched lace
453. melting gold over rolling velvet hills
454. missing my exit because I was looking down (a lesson learned)
455. learning the importance of paying attention
456. Victor's embrace and empowering words
457. hugging each child
458. room in Bertha to bring so many bags - 8!
459. calling Daddy and finding he was on the road just behind me
460. Joseph coming home right before I left
461. coffee beans galore
462. Miller's voice of wisdom and cousinly love
463. the now familiar road to Sumatanga and "shelter"
464. Grace Girls gathered again!

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment