Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Perpetual Wonder

From "My Utmost for His Highest" for January 2:
"Continually revise your attitude towards God
and see if it is a going out of everything,
trusting in God entirely.
It is this attitude that keeps you in
perpetual wonder-
you do not know what God is going to do next.
Each morning you wake
it is to be a "going out,"
building confidence in God. . .
God does not tell you what He is going to do;
He reveals to you Who He is."

How about that!
I declare 2013 to be my "Year of Wonder"
and the very next day
"perpetual wonder"
shows up in my devotions!
Oh, the wonders of His love!

Thank you, God, for these wonders of Your love:
17. early morning quiet time
18. Little Darlin in my lap
19. the dictionary
20. a concordance in my Bible
21. the internet being down
22. notecards from original watercolors
23. a text from John Victor saying they got there
24. the sound of rain outside
25. writing a thank you note
26. beginning a beautiful new journal
27. robin's egg blue
28. my new blue coat
29. shopping with my dear daughters
30. the swish and swing of skirts
31. my encouraging little cubbyhole
32. the mystery of sons

With gratitude,
Sally





No comments:

Post a Comment