Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Wonder Workout

"Work out your salvation
with fear and trembling;
for it is God who is at work in you,
both to will
and to work
for His good pleasure."
(Philippians 2:12b-13)

Since last June
I have been working out
at our Wellness Center.

I really didn't think I needed it.
I really didn't think I would like it at all.

I love it!

Each workout
(training session of exercises
to maintain or improve one's physical or athletic skill)
is invigorating.
Each workout makes me feel more fully alive.
After I workout, somehow, I am no longer worn out.

A workout is a wonder!

Perhaps, what we are doing here at Entertaining Angels Everyday
by continually offering up a sacrifice of praise
is a wonder workout.
Perhaps, giving thanks for the wonders of God's love
is a training session of exercises to maintain or improve our living skill.

This wonder workout
might just be a way of
working out our salvation
with fear and trembling,
of being awed by
God at work in our lives,
of feeling astonishment,
of marveling
at God at work in us
to will and to work
His good pleasure.

I am finding that
in this daily wonder workout,
in this training session of giving thanks for the wonders of God's love,
in wondering at God working His good pleasure,
I feel His pleasure!

I love it!

I highly recommend a daily wonder workout
to maintain or improve one's abundant living skill!

Thank You, God, for these wonders of Your love:
113. finding I already have the right cards to send
114. the richness of words
115. the richness of God's Word
116. before dawn moments with Victor in the parlor
117. someone with whom I can share the burdens
118. a second reading
119. beginning a new Bible study
120. faithful Miss Bernice
121. walking in and sitting with an old friend
122. sharing updates on our children
123. Spirit-filled teaching
124. the blessing of a baby
125. continued confirmation of the call
126. envelopes of books in the mail
127. a big box of book delivered to our door
128. spaghetti and meatballs

With gratitude in Christ,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment