Thursday, January 17, 2013

Star of Wonder

Two nativity scenes are still on display at our house.
All the other Christmas decorations were packed up and put away
at the beginning of the new year.
I even undressed the tree,
in the last days of December,
while Margaret mourned its loss.

But, for some reason,
I can't seem to bring myself to box up
these last two nativity scenes.




I think it's because of those kings.

Those kings who said:
"We saw His star in the east
and have come to worship Him."

Those kings who:
"When they saw the star,
rejoiced exceedingly
with great joy."

Those kings who:
"saw the Child
with Mary His mother;
and fell to the ground
and worshiped Him."

Those kings who:
"opening their treasures,
presented to Him
gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh."

Those kings who:
"having been warned
by God
in a dream
not to return to Herod,
left for their own country
by another way."
(excerpts from Matthew 2:2-12)

I think those nativity scenes with their kings are still on display at our house
to remind me of the Star of Wonder,
to inspire me to be like those kings.
I want to see,
to wonder,
to come,
to worship,
to rejoice exceedingly with great joy,
to see the Child and fall to the ground and worship Him,
to open my treasures,
to present to Him gifts,
to be true to the dreams God gives.

Star of Wonder! Star of Light! Star with Royal Beauty Bright!
Lead! Proceed! Guide us to Thy Perfect Light!

Thank You, God, for these wonders of Your love:
257. saying "Good Morning!" to those I love
258. a full room at flow
259. Holly's laughter
260. another "I love butterflies"
261. Stephanie's painted sunshine
262. hot towels
263. choosing a color
264. time to sit and soak
265. recounting good news
266. sunrise sky through Margaret's window
267. encouraging reading
268. the round green ottoman
269. Margaret helping me post a picture
270. Joseph washing Bertha
271. a sunshiny day
272. seeing a groundbreaking gathering

With gratitude,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment